- Co-PI of project "Seri verbs: multiple complexities", Arts and Humanities Research Council, UK, at the University of Surrey. February 2017 - February 2020 (PI: Matthew Baerman, Co-PI Patricia Cabredo Hofherr, Postdoctoral researcher Jérémy Pasquereau).
- PI of project "Documenting Giant Legends of the Seri", Jacobs Research Fund ($3,587 USD.). May 2016 - May 2017 (in collaboration with David Burckhalter).
- PI of project "El léxico nominal en seri" (Nominal lexicon in Seri), Proyecto en el Programa de Apoyo a Proyectos de Investigación e Innovación Tecnológica (PAPIIT), UNAM. January 2013 - January 2015.
- Member of research project, “Spatial language and cognition in Mesoamerica." National Science Foundation Award No. BCS-0723694; November 1, 2007 - April 30, 2011 (PI: Dr. Jürgen Bohnemeyer).
- Lead researcher, “Seri (SEI) Landscape Classification and Spatial Reference." National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Research Award No. BCS-0553965 ($11,702 USD); June 2006 - May 2008 (PI: Dr. Jürgen Bohnemeyer).